Is metaprogramming useful?

renoX renosky at free.fr
Wed Nov 29 04:44:01 PST 2006

== Extrait de l'article de « Brad Anderson (brad at dsource.org) »
> Poor Lisp.  [cut]  I am more amazed at how such a valuable toolset is
> consistently under-used and its functionality is rewritten from scratch.

Well, I'm not surprised myself: Lisp syntax is not user-friendly, people wants to
use language with easy-to-read syntax, not a language with an abstract-syntax-tree
syntax. So in all likelihood Lisp will stay mostly unused in the future.

Back on the subject of metaprogamming, one thing which makes me cautious about
metaprogramming is debugging: when there is a problem debugging generated code is
a nightmare usually..

renoX