Python-like tabs instead of curley brackets?

Benji Smith dlanguage at benjismith.net
Thu Nov 30 14:34:53 PST 2006

Daniel Giddings wrote:
> Get an editor that understands Python ;-) Most will either use whatever
> that code block uses, or highlight the problem indentation in bright red.
>
> Personally I much prefer the Python way of doing indentation, after all
> you indent your code anyway making the curly braces somewhat redundant
> (and I program about equally in C/C++ and Python).

I use Python occasionally, and the indentation requirements have never
bothered me.

But, from what I've heard, web programming is a huge pain in the ass
using Python. Embedding Python source in an HTML document (php/jsp
style) causes major pain, since whitespace matters within python blocks.

--benji