Could Tk be D's ideal widget set?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Oct 9 02:17:49 PDT 2006

Mars wrote:

>> What I meant was that you probably need a proof-of-concept for D/Tk ?
>> I'll run the Tcl and Tk through my gc2d script, see how that works...
>> But all those custom macros (_ANSI_ARGS_, etc) might need some lovin'.
>
> Someone did a proof-of-concept implementation for C++/Tk, maybe you'll
> find it useful: http://cpptk.sourceforge.net/

That looks more like some C++ hacks, to make it think that it is Tcl ?

I was just doing a quick-and-dirty translation of the Tcl and Tk libs,
somewhat surprised that Tk needed X11 headers but otherwise not too bad.

See http://www.algonet.se/~afb/d/tkhelloworld.d

tcl/tcl.d
tcl/tclDecls.d
tcl/tclPlatDecls.d

tk/tk.d
tk/tkDecls.d
tk/tkPlatDecls.d
tk/tkIntXlibDecls.d
tk/X11/X.d
tk/X11/Xlib.d
tk/X11/Xutil.d

Will post to my D bindings page, when cleaned up...
(I used Apple's bundled Tcl.framework/Tk.framework)

But I don't think I will play with tk more than that.

--anders