Could Tk be D's ideal widget set?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Mon Oct 9 14:32:01 PDT 2006

Josh Stern wrote:

> Porting either PyQt (including its semi-automatic generation from
> Qt headers using he using gcc-xml) or QtJava (including its semi-automatic
> generation using a Perl hack called Kalyptus) from either Python or Java
> to D seems like a particularly sensible approach to me.   Object
> orientation is definitely a good idea for widget sets and Qt itself is
> object-oriented, full featured, cross platform, and well documented.

Besides being a somewhat hefty target to port (due to the sheer size),
I think the biggest objection to the Qt libraries was the GPL license.
(I know that it is dual-licensed, and that there is a Commercial Ed. -
but the licensing fees for that is quite huge for any hobby developer)

But if you want to port Qt over to D, then by all means go for it! :-)

--anders