Lisp vs. C++ (not off-topic)

Lionello Lunesu lio at lunesu.remove.com
Fri Oct 13 07:44:06 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:

> How does the speed stack up with the C++ version?

My version in D seems more straightforward than either C++ version on
that site, so they can't really be compared. I'd have to port my D
version to C++, but I don't know enough STL and am reluctant to learn it.

Doing the task in D was just incredible easy and straightforward. And
the result runs faster than that C++ version, which is not really saying
much about D, knowing the excess string conversions in the C++ version.

L.