D : Not for me anymore

freeagle dalibor.free at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 13:12:33 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> Jari-Matti Mäkelä wrote:
>> Walter is a true compiler expert, but I think he wants to leave the
>> development of libraries to those who are more experienced with
>> different kinds of frameworks. Besides, he already has more than enough
>> work in extending the language and maintaining the compiler.
>
> What I'm mindful of is I endorsed DWT as the official D gui library,
> which promptly killed it.

I think that one of the most important issues with choosing DWT as an
official GUI library was, and still is, that it's not yet crossplaform.
That had to turn away people using GDC and *NIX OSes. Multiplatform
language with Windows-only (at the time) official GUI library. I think
that doesnt work...