D : Not for me anymore

Lionello Lunesu lio at lunesu.remove.com
Mon Oct 16 04:24:57 PDT 2006

Don Clugston wrote:
> Georg Wrede wrote:
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>> What I'm mindful of is I endorsed DWT as the official D gui library,
>>> which promptly killed it.
>>
>> IMHO, more important than having an official GUI library, would be to
>> actually have _something_ right inside dmd.zip!
>>
>> It doesn't have to be the world and the kitchen sink, but anybody
>> downloading dmd.zip should be able to write a GUI hello world simply
>> and easily.
>
> At the very least, include the full set of Windows .lib files from the
> latest SDK, so that at least it's possible to do SDK programming.

Don't forget the implementation of WinMain that has to be copied in each
win32 D project :(

I wish dmd would include a higher-level entry point for win32 GUI apps.
Perhaps just "int main(char[][])" but with a flag to make it a GUI app
(like bud/build has, but actually including the GC init/deinit, etc).

L.