D : Not for me anymore

Mike Parker aldacron71 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 17 00:30:32 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:

> I've thought about cash prizes and contests. I just had the nagging
> feeling that the result would be a circus rather than serious development.

What about bounties? We come up with a list of libraries we need/want
and assign a $$ value to each item. They don't have to be big numbers.
Anyone is free to submit an implementation of any item for your
approval. If you accept the submission, you pay out the submitter and
strike the item off of the list.

If you aren't comfortable handing out cash, perhaps you can reward them
with a DMDScript license, a free Digital Mars CD, or whatever you feel
comfortable with. At any rate, a bounty system focuses the concept more
on seriousness and less on clowning around.