Wiki4D accounts?

Justin Calvarese technocrat7 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 09:21:20 PDT 2006

== Quote from Bill Baxter (wbaxter at gmail.com)'s article
> The Wiki4D page seriously needs a big fat "CREATE LOGIN" button slapped
> at the top and bottom of every page.
> I was going to edit a page, but I gave up looking for how to create an
> account after about 10 minutes of poking around.  I found the guest
> book, which taunts me by saying "many people who visit become
> contributors" ... but HOW??
> --bb

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble understanding what you needed to do, but I'm not
sure what you were having trouble with. (I've been editing pages in Wiki4D for
several years, so I don't really remember what it's like to be a new user of
Wiki4D. But I'd like to try to help to make it easier for new people to use.)

Did you see the "Welcome Visitor" screen? The key instructions are "You are
welcome to edit pages in this wiki, but please enter your name in your
'Preferences' section".

Did you find the "Preferences" button? It should be at the top and bottom of the
page on the right side.

On the preferences page, I think all should need to do then is enter a username
and click the "save preferences" button. Then you should be able to edit whichever
page you'd like to edit.

I didn't write the wiki software, but I can change quite a few things by editing
the template or the the WelcomeVisitor page. What specifically was unclear or
needed further explanation?