D : Not for me anymore

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 17 18:36:34 PDT 2006

"John Reimer" <terminal.node at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:eh3jpe$109v$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
> Great, Jarrett.  You're the man: that's so much better than partly
> true.  And now, you've probably got a hundred people analyzing your
> every word to see how mature you are from now on.
>
> You've achieved very little in stating that other than perhaps
> spreading derision and worsening irritability.  Keep it up.

I've built up a great respect for Derek over the past couple of years.  And
to see him just snap like that.. It irks me.  Derek has always been (in my
view) a voice of reason, and for him to suddenly leave D about .. what?  A
misinterpretation of Georg's comment?  A feeling that he has "no effect" on
D?  Guess what -- very few people really do!  And like Walter already said,
Derek's on the acknowledgements page, if he's looking for some kind of
validation that he's actually contributed something!  As if managing one of
the most popular D tools wasn't enough!

I'm just really disappointed with how Derek's reacted to the situation.
That's all.