D : Not for me anymore

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 20:51:50 PDT 2006

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:36:34 -0700, Jarrett Billingsley
<kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> "John Reimer" <terminal.node at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:eh3jpe$109v$1 at digitaldaemon.com...
>> Great, Jarrett.  You're the man: that's so much better than partly
>> true.  And now, you've probably got a hundred people analyzing your
>> every word to see how mature you are from now on.
>>
>> You've achieved very little in stating that other than perhaps
>> spreading derision and worsening irritability.  Keep it up.
>
> I've built up a great respect for Derek over the past couple of years.
> And
> to see him just snap like that.. It irks me.  Derek has always been (in
> my
> view) a voice of reason, and for him to suddenly leave D about .. what?
> misinterpretation of Georg's comment?  A feeling that he has "no effect"
> on
> D?  Guess what -- very few people really do!  And like Walter already
> said,
> Derek's on the acknowledgements page, if he's looking for some kind of
> validation that he's actually contributed something!  As if managing one
> of
> the most popular D tools wasn't enough!
>
> I'm just really disappointed with how Derek's reacted to the situation.
> That's all.

That was much more eloquently expressed. That shows your real feelings on
the matter and leaves little to the imagination.

Thank you for posting that; I mostly agree with your take of the situation.

Somehow, I still get what irks Derek, though not in the exact same way,
perhaps.

-JJR