Spurring development (was Re: D : Not for me anymore)

Chad J "gamerChad\" at spamIsBad gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 07:44:53 PDT 2006

Bill Baxter wrote:
> Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
>
>> Bill Baxter wrote:

>>> Getting some Google summer-of-coders might be good too.
>>> Where there any proposals for D this last time around?
>>>
>>> --bb
>>

>> afaik, only formally organized projects may apply, although it is
>> somewhat
>> unclear to me what constitutes formal in this respect.
>>

> I'm pretty sure D is formally organized enough to count.
> There may be some application process to qualify as a mentor, though.
>

> --bb

It'd be nice if someone would apply for mentorship for summer of code
'07.  You don't have much to lose.  I was looking at the summer of code
in 2006 as a student and didn't see any D projects on there, but I was
probably too late anyways.  If someone were to be a mentor for 2007 with
a D project, I would seriously look at doing that.  That $4500 stipend
is mighty appealing at my current pay level of nothing with the
studentacious employment potential of a mcjob.

So... who wants an extra developer next summer? :)