Spurring development (was Re: D : Not for me anymore)

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Thu Oct 19 02:47:08 PDT 2006

Bill Baxter wrote:
> Mike Parker wrote:
>> Sean Kelly wrote:

> Getting some Google summer-of-coders might be good too.
> Where there any proposals for D this last time around?
>
> --bb

Actually there where (one mine), but it was ineligible to participate.
The reason was: proposals must be submitted under the respective mentor
organizations, and if there is no mentor organization for the proposal,
it can be submitted to Google. However this year's SoC (unlike the
previous one) such applications without mentor organization must have a
high "academic research focus", and when I found that out it was too
late for new mentor organizations to sign up (one representing D was
needed). :(
I think it's an opportunity that should not be missed next year.

--
Bruno Medeiros - MSc in CS/E student