D : Not for me anymore

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Fri Oct 20 00:31:16 PDT 2006

Lionello Lunesu wrote:

> Unknown W. Brackets wrote:
>> If it can't be put in sourceforge, surely it could be put into a
>> versioning repository (svn, cvs, etc.) of some sort.
>>
>> Since it seems like digitalmars.com has a fairly reasonable hosting
>> arrangement, this might even be possible using the current server and
>> hosting company.
>>
>> I think this has come up before, and Walter wasn't really interested in
>> that.  I've really found version control systems as being a huge way to
>> improve software quality and developer cooperation, though (even if only
>> Walter had write access.)
>>
>> -[Unknown]
>
> I'd prefer sourceforge, where it will be seen by more people.
>
> dsource is nice and has certainly done a lot for D, but it makes us look
> like some sort of cult.
>
> L.

I guess more non-D people might come by for projects at sourceforge, but
then a project there don't get visibility until activity grows (and among
the 1 million projects there, some have quite a lot of activity).

I totally disagree with the other statement.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net