D : Not for me anymore

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 09:36:21 PDT 2006

John Reimer wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:10:31 -0700, Georg Wrede
> <georg.wrede at nospam.org>  wrote:
>
>> John Reimer wrote:
>>
>>> Lionello Lunesu

>>>  What?!!!
>>

>> LOL!
>>
>> I'm not entirely sure he doesn't have a point.
>>
>> (At least partially.)
>

> Just maybe... but I was hoping not. :D

The thought never occurred to me that it was cult-like.  My thoughts were
1) cool! I can find (most) all of D related projects in one place
2) cool! These guys are serious enough about this to setup their own
sourceforge
3) cool! It's not s***forge!

Sourceforge is popular (and I use it a lot) but there's very little
excellence there.  It's free and well-known.  That's about it all it's
got going for it.  Various services are frequently down or unusably
slow.  And it would be hard to imagine worse web interfaces than the
ones they've designed for just about every aspect of project management
and distribution.

--bb