A programmer economy, D style?

Dave Dave_member at pathlink.com
Fri Oct 20 10:16:02 PDT 2006

Georg Wrede wrote:

> IF there was as site where companies could specify apps,
> segments-of-apps, classes, or downright functions that they wanted to
> have, and if they specified how much they'd pay for them, how many
> people here would want to sign up as "potential coders"?

Speaking with my software consumer hat on, I personally would never use it and I'd be willing to bet
95% of companies wouldn't either. It would typically cost as much or more to a) have the code
reviewed for security, etc. and b) re-write it to fit the *real* requirements.

On the 2nd point, I've *very rarely* seen an initial spec. survive the release of the end-product,
and when it did it was a trivial project borrowing parts of (an)other well-proved application(s).

Just my $0.02 worth...