my demise

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 22 17:01:34 PDT 2006

Richard Koch wrote:
> tried to get d as the language of choice (daring) for a card projrct. it
> took almost 4 month with my ordering, threatening and ...
>
> things died because of
>
> 1.) no gui lib with builder

Which platform are you developing for?

For Windows, look at SDWF.  It doesn't need its own builder, because
it's designed to work with Windows resources.  So you can design your
dialogs, menus, etc. in a Windows resource editor.

http://pr.stewartsplace.org.uk/d/sdwf/

> 2.) any other language had usable libs, extensions and standard algos

What do you mean by this?

> 3.) competing standard libraries

D has only one _standard_ library.  What are you talking about?

> 4.) no foreseeable releases (such as 1.0)

Languages are seldom born ready for 1.0.

> most horrifying was the lack of an integrated editor debugger thingy.
<snip>

Give it chance.

Stewart.

--

My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on
the 'group where everyone may benefit.