Newsreaders (was: Overloading opCast with multiple types)

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 07:25:35 PDT 2006

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> "Derek Parnell" <derek at nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
> news:96d4ls69hbtj.cdpdafq3hhs3.dlg at 40tude.net...
>
>> LOL... I used to think that way too until I actually tried a purpose-built
>> newsreader that adhered to standards. I'll never go back to that toy
>> newsreader again.
>
> Thing is, I tried Thunderbird, and .. I couldn't really tell a difference
> from OE.  Except that it was slower.

(Had this in my drafts folder for a while, keep meaning to post it!)

Whenever I've moved from OE to anything else, one of the first things
I've noticed is freedom from OE's many annoying bugs.  How many of these
bit you?

http://www.epinions.com/content_67328904836

OK, so other newsreaders have bugs too, but not many have an array of
bugs that's quite as annoying as this.

> Are there any other good free readers for Windows then?

How different is Thunderbird from the newsreader facilities of Mozilla
Application Suite/SeaMonkey (which I use)?

Stewart.

--

My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on
the 'group where everyone may benefit.