Sorry

Ary Manzana asterite at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 08:05:47 PDT 2006

BLS wrote:
> I wasn't able to do that because even a small Java
> programm allmost depends on java.util /*collections (Hashmap,
> Hashset,Hashtable, ...) */ as well as Java array and strings.
> Due to the fact that phobos doesn't offer much support for these basic
> data structures it is, at least, very difficult to translate Java into
> D. (even by hand)

D has associative arrays, which can behave like any Java Map. And it has
dynmic arrays, so you get lists. Arrays are in d, and strings also. So
what's the problem?

BTW, I also think phobos should come with an extensive library of
classes and functions, just like Java and .Net have (and I think this,
and a "decent" IDE, is what make people use them), but not forcing the
user to statically link all of it to the code.

Ary