d.org

Knud Sørensen 12tkvvb02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Oct 23 09:40:16 PDT 2006

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 19:53:28 +0200, Don Clugston wrote:

> Knud,
> Some good ideas, but I think the kind of issues you're addressing are
> unlikely to be much of a problem for the current D community. In my
> experience with open-source coding, the major problem is not power
> struggles, but rather what to do when key individuals lose interest or
> otherwise stop contributing. (We saw that with DWT). It's vital to have
> a way for new people to take control.
>
> - Don.

Yes, power struggles is rare in a grass root organisation as open source.
What typical happens is forking of the code base which result in work done
twice.

What bottom-up org. provide is exactly a way for new people to take
control if the "old" people have lost interest.

I am still look for web tools to organise this type of organisation
if anybody know some.