my demise

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 14:43:56 PDT 2006

Fredrik Olsson wrote:
> Richard Koch skrev:
>
>> most horrifying was the lack of an integrated editor debugger thingy.
>>
>> as a user i think it is becoming at least deterring
>>
> What is wrong with Emacs and gdb?
>
> Why not try out Walters own debugger tips at:
> http://www.digitalmars.com/d/windbg.html
> I am quite sure that if it is good enough for Walter, it is good enough
> for you and me.

Holy moly.  I just tried out the WinDbg debugger.  That thing crashes
like a madman.  I couldn't keep it running for more than a few minutes
at a time.  It really doesn't seem to like displaying certain assembly
code, in particular.

I don't know how Walter manages to put up with it.  Definitely not even
close to being a serious replacement for visual studio's debugger.

--bb