D programming language

Fredrik Olsson peylow at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 07:55:25 PDT 2006

Peter C. Chapin skrev:
> Fredrik Olsson <peylow at gmail.com> wrote in
> news:ehn3fv$10m1$1 at digitaldaemon.com:
>
>> So point is still; I think another name like "Mars D" that is more
>> unique will prove more useful in the long run.
>
> "Mars D" seems to tie the language to a single implementation. In the long
> run, that probably isn't ideal.

I would not fear that "the D programming language" feels way more
/single implementation/ to me than "Mars D".

In my ears it has a nice ring to it, pays homage to it's roots, let it's
users continue to just say D, and is not already taken as a programming
language name.

But hey, call it whatever, it is just a name. I just wanted to point out
that "D programming language" may not be the best choice.

// Fredrik Olsson