Red black trees

clayasaurus clayasaurus at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 12:22:05 PDT 2006

Walter Bright wrote:
> clayasaurus wrote:
>> Walter Bright wrote:

>>> But the redblacktree.d code says it's copyrighted.
>>
>> I just explicitly put it under public domain. :)
>
> I hate to be pedantic about this, but this is very important.
>
> If this is based on "Original code and author" at
> http://eternallyconfuzzled.com/tuts/redblack.html then that needs to be
> public domain, too. The page, at the bottom, says it's copyrighted.

I emailed the author about it, and the author said to me...

"All of the code is PD unless otherwise stated. I believe each tutorial
mentions this at the start, and including it in the code snippets would
be redundant and waste space."

His email is ' happyfrosty at hotmail.com ' if you want to double check.
  I told him that the words public domain never appear on the red black
tree page and that he should add it.

~ Clay