little thing - D and phobos naming conventions

Fri Oct 27 04:21:47 PDT 2006

AF wrote:
>  Maybe isn't very well said, but I find no reason for the
> name "std.stdio". Yes, for "std.c.stdio", it was ok, but in the d-
> written phobos... "std.io" isn't easier?
>  Anyway, is just a little thing. I can stand with it.

This has been discussed before. IIRC, the rationale was 'stdio' refers
to the standard input/output provided by the operating system (i.e.
console i/o, by default).
Though std.stdio also seems to contain FILE* i/o, so maybe the name
isn't _entirely_ appropriate.