Importing packages

Karen Lanrap karen at digitaldaemon.com
Sat Oct 28 20:00:00 PDT 2006

BLS wrote:

> I think you mean: Can't Mr. Compiler handle this task....?!

No. I wanted to know, what justification the OP gives for the
existence of import statements.

If he would have given "avoiding name collisions" then he would have
been in the immediate need to show, that name collisions in packages
cannot happen, which seems to be an impossible mission.

There might be other arguments, but all would be broken, as soon as
one starts to allow for pruning the hierarchy.

The ultimate question after such a start would be:

    Why do I have to write "import *;"?