Database connection...

Nahon lburger at hu.tesco-europe.com
Mon Oct 30 01:27:58 PST 2006

>Nahon wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> (Sadly) I have to connect to a *MSSQL* database in my program. I browsed the
>> net quite a lot to find a D library (or sg.) that could do it. (I've found a
>> connector form MySQL and a few others but not MSSQL.)
>> Could someone help me about sending an URL for one or a module of own?
>>
>> Thank you.
>
>Assuming you are comfortable with the windows api for odbc, the api
>headers are here: http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?WindowsAPI.
>Which will link you to the dsource repository.

The dbi module collection would be great (although I wanted to avoid ODBC),
but I've downloaded it and unpacked to dmd/src/phobos/dbi. Then in my program
I added the line
import dbi.odbc.odbcdatabase; //and tried dbi.odbc.all as well
then wanted to create a new database object:
OdbcDatabase x = new OdbcDatabase();
When linking I get these error messages:
#myprg.obj(myprg)
# Error 42: Symbol Undefined __Class_3dbi4odbc12OdbcDatabase12OdbcDatabase
#myprg.obj(myprg)
# Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D3dbi4odbc12OdbcDatabase12OdbcDatabase5_ctorFZC3dbi
#4odbc12OdbcDatabase12OdbcDatabase
#--- errorlevel 2
If I don't want to create a new instance (OdbcDatabase x;) it's fine but
cannot be used.

What have I done wrong?