Python-like tabs instead of curley brackets?

Walter Bright newshound at digitalmars.com
Mon Oct 30 17:09:11 PST 2006

Pragma wrote:
> To invoke the old idiom "if it ain't broken, don't fix it."  C-style
> syntax and character has been borrowed and used in countless other
> languages.  Other language have lived, and died, after C was created and
> long before the present.  Surely there's something to be said for how
> well it's syntax works?

That's so true. We all know and harp on C's faults, but overlook the
overwhelming stuff that C got *right*. C was the first really usable
high level language.

I've heard from some people who should know that one thing that has
consistently held Python back from adoption is the whitespace thing.

As long as I have any influence on the matter, D is not going to adopt
that feature of Python.