Syntax question...

RA ra at wolven.net
Tue Oct 31 14:53:03 PST 2006

Addendum to my previous post\ranting...

I can understand that back when computers were quite limited on memory, processing
power, etc., that we had to make things as "efficient" as possible, thereby
semi-forcing humans to adapt to the machine.  Abbreviate everything, use
hieroglyphics and compression to save space, batch processing, utilize as little
as possible to get the job done...

But those days have been gone for a while now, and I think it's time we make the
machine adapt to the human way of looking at things.

Another thing that drive me nuts is Zero based indexing. That's just sick, wrong
and lazy on the lanuguage\compiler programmers part.  There is no such thing as
bucket\dog\tree number 0.  0 means NONE, notta, zip, zilch.  It DEFINATELY doesn't
(and shouldn't) mean "the first" of a number of items...

Ahhh, I feel better now...  :)