When is it time for a 1.0 feature freeze?

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 02:15:30 PDT 2006

Fredrik Olsson wrote:
<snip>
> I can also think of allowing properties as lvalue:
> foo.bar += 42;
>
> Array literals:
> bar ~= [1,5,42];

The problem with that notation is that, in the general case, the type of
the array cannot be guaranteed.  There have been a number of proposed
syntaxes; AFAIK the best so far is

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/39125.html

So your answer to the subject of this thread is "Once these features
have been added", right?  Could be a long time.... :-)

<snip>
> Those and the lack of sets and ranges are top on my list. The small
> stuff that can reduce code size in half. The only 100% foolproof way to
> write bug-free code is; not to write any. So the closer to no code, the
> better :).

How does not writing code equate to writing code?

But you remind me of this:

http://www.stevemcconnell.com/cctune.htm

(See from "A fast program is just as important as a correct one--False!"
downwards.)

Stewart.

--

My e-mail is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies on
the 'group where everyone may benefit.