allocate hash table manually

Mildred mildred593 at online.fr
Tue Sep 5 10:46:39 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm a new user od D language but immediately, I felt that was the
language I always looking for. So I'm very happy to use it.
I'm trying to convert my recent project to C (using a garbage collector
as library) to D. It's a script language with a lisp syntax.

My question is how do I use new to allocate a hash table. My code is as
follows :

class Value {
	protected Value[char[]] _environment = null;
	public void env_make(Stack S){
		_environment = new Value[char[]];

But the compiler says : need size of rightmost array, not type char[]

My problem is that I want some Value objects to have an environment,
and I want others objects without environment (so I use null).
How can I do that ?

Thanks
Mildred

--