suggestion: D Book Project

Derek Parnell derek at psyc.ward
Tue Sep 5 16:44:44 PDT 2006

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 15:17:05 -0700, Gregor Richards wrote:

> Derek Parnell wrote:
>> On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 02:31:12 -0400, Agent Orange wrote:
>>
>>> We should write a book about D, or even a D for C++ programmers book. It
>>> would probably only be a handfull of chapters, and one or a couple
>>> people could do each chapter. maybe even do it on a wiki or something. I
>>> dont know how the styles would mesh but I just thought this would be
>>> pretty cool to have.
>>
>> May I refer you to http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/D_Programming
>>

> That book is not arranged like a book.  Nobody could actually learn D
> from it, even if it was fleshed out.  It needs to be scrapped.

Sorry for my far-too-obtuse reference. ;-)

What I was trying to get across was that there already exists a wiki
platform for writing online books. As an example, there is the beginnings
of a D Reference manual. If one wanted to, one could also use the same
platform to write a "How To Program using D" style of book.

As a start, why not write your proposed TOC as the opening page in such a
new endeavor. I know I would like to contribute to it.

--
Derek Parnell
Melbourne, Australia