Suggestion : virtual member data

Steve Horne stephenwantshornenospam100 at aol.com
Wed Sep 6 03:58:39 PDT 2006

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 12:58:14 +0300, Kristian <kjkilpi at gmail.com>
wrote:

>I agree that 'virtual' may not be the best choice for the storage class
>keyword. 'vtable' doesn't sound quite right either, though.

Yes, but there is a fine tradition to uphold here. Storage class
keywords must never make any sense!

After all, 'static' only really makes sense if you've used assembler
in the past. And even then, why isn't there a 'bss' storage class for
uninitialised static variables? And for C local variables, well,
'stack' or 'temporary' I could have understood, but 'auto'!!!!!

Actually, I've changed my mind. The new keyword should be 'magic' or
'freaky' or 'scarey' or something like that!

Yes - D could be the first language to support freaky member data!

OK, OK - I've been waiting over a year for a shrink - what do you
expect.

Remove 'wants' and 'nospam' from e-mail.