[Semi-OT] Vandalism on Wiki4D

Helmut Leitner leitner at wikiservice.at
Fri Sep 8 01:04:14 PDT 2006

Regan Heath wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 22:18:04 +0100, Stewart Gordon
> <smjg_1998 at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>
>> Over the last few days, somebody going by the name RicradToler has
>> been  making obscene additions to Wiki4D pages.  It's happened at
>> least four  times so far.
>>
>> It's about time he/she/it was stopped.  Does ProWiki provide any
>> means  of blocking abusers like Wikipedia does?
>

> And does it log IP addresses so we can 'find' them and 'convince' them
> to  stop? <evil grin>
>
> Regan

sorry for inconveniences with the spam.

ProWiki logs the IPs and shows them on RecentChanges.

Admins can block IPs or ranges using commands like
    ...wiki.cgi?action=kill&ip=123.12.12.123
    ...wiki.cgi?action=kill&ip=123.12.12

Actually very little spam comes through because blocking is server-wide,
so spammers are usually blocked in one of the other 50+ wiki projects
that reside an this server.