[Semi-OT] Vandalism on Wiki4D

Helmut Leitner leitner at wikiservice.at
Fri Sep 8 01:11:52 PDT 2006

nobody wrote:

>> Walter Bright wrote:

>>> The page loads ok when I try it.
>>

>> That is really strange. This is what I am seeing:
>> ----------------
>> Program error:
>>
>> Error opening file /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/wiki4d/user/9/15289.dp:
>> No such file or directory
>> Script= /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/wiki4d/wiki.cgi
>> Function= FileRetStr Line= 1970
>

> Ok I feel silly now. I got it to work in IE then killed the FF cookie
> and now I can see it without problems. Thanks for the help. I am sorry
> for any trouble.

Sorry, you have no reason to feel silly. For some reason the cookie stored
in your browser referred to a user data file that didn't exist.

This shouldn't happen - or - more exactly, should be tolerated by the
wiki software (sometimes server admins delete old or unused files).

Actually you are pointing me to bug in ProWiki and helping me to improve
the software (hopefully the next release will contain the fix).

Your way of deleting the cookie and starting fresh this way is the
simplest work-around and the action I would have suggested.

Thank you for feedback.