Associative arrays in D and default comparators

Steve Horne stephenwantshornenospam100 at aol.com
Fri Sep 8 02:21:23 PDT 2006

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 11:15:55 +0200, Oskar Linde <olREM at OVEnada.kth.se>
wrote:

>The advantage of having binary trees at the nodes is that with a poor hash
>function, the AA degrades gracefully into O(log n).

Ah yes - this is important.

One reason I'm less than keen on hashtables is that I know that 99% of
custom hash functions are, well, less than good. And I also know that
I'm no expert on hashing. This is not a good combination.

>You would still need to handle the case of identical object hashes.

And now I understand what is happening, I feel very silly for
suggesting it.

--
Remove 'wants' and 'nospam' from e-mail.