The D Style and tab sizes

Derek Parnell derek at psyc.ward
Sun Sep 10 15:28:55 PDT 2006

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 01:03:20 +0300, Serg Kovrov wrote:

> Come on people, please stop this... With all respect, I believe this is
> dead end. Walter's opinion here is well known. Not all agree with him
> (including me - to be honest I completely disagree). BUT! We really
> can't change anything.
>
> The only wrong thing I see here is heading itself - 'The D Style'. Its
> too much responsibility to have 'the style' for a language... It could
> be 'The Phobos Style' or 'Walter's Style'. Or perhaps 'Martian Style' =)
>
> PS. Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against an off-topic
> discussions, But this time we are just waisting valuable time. Our time,
> and most importantly, Walter's.

Yes, this is a pointless discussion. Walter has his style, and the rest of
the world has their many and varied styles.

If this style as documented in the DigitalMars documentation is *the*
'D'-style then I will be among the conscientious objectors and I will fail
to use it.

--
Derek Parnell
Melbourne, Australia