Proposal for a standard for D library naming

Gregor Richards Richards at codu.org
Tue Sep 19 06:14:52 PDT 2006

Gregor Richards wrote:
> Anders F Björklund wrote:
>  > I don't see any C++ libraries advertising that they are using that,
>  > so I still need to remember to link them to libstdc++ or get errors.
>
> This is a good thing?

Another reason for the D prefix is for bindings.  Many bindings will
have package names similar to their C library names - so similar in fact
that the names could overlap if there was nothing to uniquely identify
the D one.  And if the names overlapped, it would need to break the
naming convention, which would defeat the whole purpose of having a
naming convention in the first place :)

  - Gregor Richards