Linux Installation

Frank Benoit keinfarbton at nospam.xyz
Mon Sep 25 23:43:25 PDT 2006

he_the_great schrieb:
> I've run into a problem with my latest attempt to install D. I'm using
> the second method from the instructions at
>
> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?D__Tutorial/InstallingDCompiler#InstallingDMDonLinuxX86
>

> I this method has worked for me in the past, but now I'm getting a
> "object.d: module object cannot read file 'object.d'" message when I
> attempt a compilation.

The instructions seem fine to me. Nevertheless the error messages says,
that the dmd compiler does not find the phobos library source. That
usually means that in /etc/dmd.conf the DFLAGS=-I<path> does not point
to the right location.

To verify, you can also give this include path directly in the dmd call,
e.g.:
dmd test.d -I<path>
dmd test.d -I/usr/local/lib/phobos