[OT] Re: identifiers & "unialpha"

Kevin Bealer kevinbealer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 00:23:34 PDT 2006

Kristian wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 19:01:36 +0300, Sean Kelly <sean at f4.ca> wrote:
>
>> Kristian wrote:

>>>  If that's the case, I'm very sorry to hear that! :(
>>
>> This is completely off-topic, but if you're interested in learning a
>> bit about the Communist Revolution in China the fun way, go find the
>> movie "To Live" in the foreign film section of your favorite video
>> store. It's an excellent film that spans maybe 30 years of Chinese
>> history, including the Communist Revolution.
>>

>> Sean
>
> Thanks for the tip.

Yes - I really enjoyed that movie.

The site where I got the history of this, which I tried to summarize
above, was a unicode related article.  What I wrote above is somewhat
negative (intentionally) toward the PRC -- I don't take any of that
back, but I thought I should post the link as well.

It also has some interesting unicode related info (which is maybe
marginally on-topic?) but the technical stuff might be out-dated.

http://www.hastingsresearch.com/net/04-unicode-limitations.shtml

Kevin