Dynamic binding -- Qt's Signals and Slots vs Objective-C

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 11:44:05 PDT 2006

Josh Stern wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:55:03 +0200, Lutger wrote:
>
> I found this comparison of different C++ approaches to signal slots
> with a web search.
>
> http://slotsig.sourceforge.net/doc/features-compare.html
>
> Can't vouch for the validity of the summary, but it might be a good
> starting point for further investigation.

Nice list, there are also a few benchmarks there. Depending on
interpretation of course, my sigslots library scores equal points
feature-wise as slotsig. There are some features in slotsig which might
be worth investing, thank you for the link.
  These lists are always biased, but the biggest advantages of QT are
not listed: dynamic connections which make it possible to, for example,
script connections, load from xml resource, etc. This is where string
based sigslots or - as I understand - Objective C is superior to the
template-based implementations.