First Impressions

Derek Parnell derek at psyc.ward
Fri Sep 29 17:26:19 PDT 2006

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 03:03:02 +0300, Georg Wrede wrote:

> As long as you don't start tampering with the individual octets in
> strings, you should be just fine. Don't think about UTF and you'll prosper.

The Build program does lots of 'tampering'. I had to rewrite many standard
routines and create some new ones to deal with unicode characters because
the standard ones just don't work. And Build still fails to do somethings
correctly (e.g. case insensitive compares) but that's on the TODO list.

I have to think about UTF because it doesn't work unless I do that.

--
Derek Parnell
Melbourne, Australia