Linking win32 app

Frank Benoit (keinfarbton) benoit at tionex.removethispart.de
Sun Apr 1 08:23:41 PDT 2007

I am trying to link a application with hundreds of object files.
Sometimes the linker terminates without message and without writing the
executable. Sometimes the linker crashes.

It looks like DMD is concating all obj file name and pass them to the
linker. If the command line to the linker exceeds 8192 characters, the
linking does not succeed.

The only way I see is to use parameter files.

1. Call dmd with parameter file to compile
2. Call link directly with parameter file to link

Did I miss something?

Is it possible to make DMD to call link.exe always internally with a
parameter file or pipe or something else that works in a save way?