A Lock-Free Hash Table (google video)

Craig Black cblack at ara.com
Mon Apr 2 07:51:31 PDT 2007

"David B. Held" <dheld at codelogicconsulting.com> wrote in message
news:eupvmj$1au5$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Craig Black wrote:
>> Good stuff.  BTW, does anyone know when is D going to start using lock
>> free
>> algorithms with their built-in/templated containers?
>
> When STM is implemented. ;)  And I hope I'm not giving away too much by
> saying that some reasonably smart folks are working on it even as we
> speak...
>
> Dave

This is very good.  It seems that there are a number of things in the works
for the D compiler.  The const stuff, Walter has mentioned run-time
reflection, and now this STM as you now mention.  Any of these things would
be very cool IMO.  Although Walter sometimes mentions stuff currently in
development, he does not say much about it.  Do you have any insight on what
is coming next?

-Craig