Legal/Permission Question

Dan murpsoft at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 3 21:27:34 PDT 2007

In that case, I won't look at Walter's code when I write the functions.  Although I must admit, I am a maintainer of Walnut 1.x, which is released under a GPL; and derived from Walter's work.

I haven't touched any of the *methods* yet, nor significantly looked at them.  Additionally, Walnut 2.x is vastly different from DMDScript in implementation - about as different as it can get considering they're both ECMAScript in D.

Considering I'm only doing this as a hobby, out of the goodness of my heart, paying the $25,000 or whatnot license and working something out with Walter is well beyond the budget.

I'll examine some other ECMAScript licenses, and see if any are more compatible.  I tend to find I write more effective code when I can see what's wrong with someone else's.  The methods themselves tend to be very predictable from one engine to the next, since their external behavior is predefined, and they all need to follow the same arguments.  I was just hoping to cut bug hunting time.

Oh well.