Legal/Permission Question

Dan murpsoft at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 4 16:20:51 PDT 2007

Walter Bright Wrote:

> LOL. I'm not sitting here with a pack of lawyers itching to sic them on
> somebody. Heck, I've been putting more and more of phobos into the
> public domain.

Indeed, I've never suspected so.  I tend to go on what people say is okay with them.  According to the definition, practically any programming after having seen an example of a for loop is an offense; so it's reasonable to be sure one isn't stepping on the wrong toes.

I agree with the issues you raised, and don't intend to violate those.

More or less though, I feel it would border on treason to the community if I continued to develop and release Walnut 2.x when you felt I'd essentially produced a derived work that should remain constricted to GPL.

Considering what you're last post stated, I can almost assume that you feel Walnut 2.x at Revision 44 is okay, and that I can continue work, as long as your files aren't open.  :p

I pretty much just feel I need a yes or no from ya.  :p