standardization of D

BCS BCS at pathlink.com
Thu Apr 5 09:33:39 PDT 2007

Sean Kelly wrote:

> The idea of a separate compiler for experimental features has come up in
> the past and I think it's a good one.  But if it's easier for Walter to
> maintain a single compiler and provide a feature switch then that seems
> fine as well.  Also, other review models have been suggested, with the
> Python approach suggested as one alternative IIRC.  This is ultimately
> up to Walter however, and the method he feels would be most productive
> or beneficial to language development.  I can't claim to have any strong
> feelings here one way or the other.

This could be rolled into the "there is really only one compiler"
problem and start up a totally new compiler development project. I
actually am working on this (slowly, vary vary slowly, the lexer works
but I'm having some UTF-16 convention problems). However my project only
  addresses the experimental compiler issue because I'm not intending
mine to be used outside of experimental testing.