BLADE 0.2Alpha: Vector operations with mixins, expression templates,

Dan murpsoft at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 5 12:30:10 PDT 2007

Current compilers tend to dump IR's to a buffer and then adjust them according to parser rules.  The wrong approach.

I totally want to see this kind of programming get implemented into the compiler itself.  I know it's too much to ask, but if DMD could generate optimal floating point math and cache pipelines, it would rend the gaming industry from C++'s hands REAL quick like.

A C++ programmer can say:
"oh yeah, it's a minor upgrade made for my convenience, but I'm already conveniently comfortable with C++"...

Until a decision maker sees that D performs 20% better, dramatically reduces debugging time, cuts source code volume, and has better version control.