standardization of D

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Thu Apr 5 13:20:46 PDT 2007

Dan wrote:

>> Sure, this has worked for years - no argument there.
>> (besides the missing import for "printf", of course)
>
> I think printf doesn't actually need to be imported.  I use it all the time, I think without?

That's a bug ;-)

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/bugs/5838.html

>> And it was just two calls :-)
>
> True.
>
> Sorry, reading my words I came accross harsh.  I had a funny smile on my face when I said it.  : p

Glad to hear that, you did sound a bit upset about something there.

> You guys were starting to make it sound like D was going monkey business; when it's got a perfectly stable 1.0 and a pair of solid libraries that can be used today and the source for them will be there indefinitely (SVN revision system)

Actually I wasn't talking about the compiler or library versions.

I was thinking about that there are three or four ways to write
D programs; as slightly disguised C, with Phobos, with Tango -
and this new self-modifying compile-time meta-language D thing
that I'm not yet grasping but I'm sure it will be very nice :-)

And I didn't mean this was an all *bad* thing, on the contrary.
Being a multiparadigm language, I'd pretty much expect as much ?

--anders