BLADE 0.2Alpha: Vector operations with mixins, expression templates, and asm

Mikola Lysenko mclysenk at mtu.edu
Thu Apr 5 18:08:48 PDT 2007

Excellent work!  I have to say that I've had my misgivings about mixin
statements, but I'm glad to see that BLADE and Don's hard work have
proven me wrong.  Compile time vector expressions are desperately
needed, and this library goes a long way to sorting things out.  As far
as meta-type tricks go, this is by far the coolest I've ever seen in any
  programming language.

One very interesting application I would like to see with this technique
would be a compile time geometric algebra library.  If no one writes one
by this summer, I will probably do it myself.  (Actually, when I heard
the name BLADE, my heart skipped a beat thinking it was a GA library,
but alas it is not...)  Maybe it is my unrestrained exuberance, I would
guess that a strong D implementation should easily crush the leading C++
GA lib, GAIGEN in both performance and ease of use.

For reference, here is the GAIGEN homepage:
http://www.science.uva.nl/ga/gaigen/content_gaigen.html

-Mikola Lysenko