Google video about consepts

janderson askme at me.com
Thu Apr 5 22:34:14 PDT 2007

Knud Soerensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I found this interesting google video.
>
> Concepts: Extending C++ Templates For Generic Programming
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1790714981047186825&hl=en

My Quick Summary:

Concepts as restrictions:

Essentially this is a static contract.  Static assert if you will.  It
could probably be done in other ways.  However it does bring attention
to template verification helper functions.

Concept_Maps
Convert one thing to another so that it can be used in a template.

Foreach Concepts.
There seems to be some special compiler concepts that you can't define
inside the library.  I'm not 100% clear on these.  Somehow the
InputIterator is defined such that the compile knows it can work with
the new foreach.  Can someone explain?

I wonder how close we can get to a simple D version with current syntax.
  And if we can't how can we improve D's syntax so we can.

-Joel